Working With Medicorp
There are a lot of terms that are used for recruiters: headhunters, career counselors, employment agents. Whatever you might call us, we believe it is more important that you understand what we do and how we do it.
Our primary focus is to make the best matches possible. The hiring organizations that engage us to find candidates are looking for long-term commitment, which means they are seeking physicians that not only have the specific skillset required by the position but also fit easily within their practice and work cohesively with their existing personnel. We prepare our candidates for extensive interviews with multiple audiences, coaching them for telephone and onsite interviews and continuing to provide guidance and direction throughout the entire process, including delicate contract negotiations.
The stories of a recruiter’s fee being taken from the doctor’s pay are simply not true. The hiring organization or practice pays the recruiter out of their own recruitment budget, which is why we form contractual arrangements that include guarantees to assist in replacing a candidate if a physician we place does not begin employment or stay for a specified period of time. This reinforces our commitment to finding the right physician for the right practice and the right practice for the right physician.
We understand how valuable your time is, which is why we gather pertinent information regarding any opportunity and have it available upon our first contact with you:
- The history and focus of the practice
- Income and partnership potential
- Work schedule/call schedule
- Why they are looking for an associate/partner
- Current partners/associates (unless the client requests confidentiality)
- Compensation, bonus, incentives, and benefits
- Earnings potential for the first year and for subsequent years
Protecting Your Confidentiality
We will not introduce you to a practice opportunity until it has been shared with you, and we will not release your CV to anyone without your permission.
We prescribe to a dedicated process to ensure we find the best practices for the physicians that we represent:
- We contact private practices, hospitals, and academic institutions in the area you are searching to verify whether they are seeking to replace or add an associate.
- We match your career objectives to available positions and determine if it is the right match, saving you considerable time and effort.
- We prepare you for the interview, obtain information about the area and make travel arrangements. After the interview, we follow-up with the interviewer to obtain feedback.
- If the hiring organization chooses to hire you, we work with you and your new employer to finalize a contract.