Kentucky - Nurse Practitioner – (48757)
Under the supervision, direction, and leadership of the Chief Medical Officer, Nurse Practitioner promotes health by providing medical services to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing examinations, and obtaining, updating and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient records.
- Prescribes medicines and other treatments.
- Instructs and counsels patients about promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the recruitment of medical staff members.
- Serves in rotation for after-hours call system, if applicable.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, in-services, and provider meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to provide health care in a sensitive manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds
- Able to examine, diagnose, and treat clients of all ages independently
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters of Physician Assistant Studies or Masters of Nursing degree from an accredited school
- Active Unrestricted Kentucky Medical or Nursing License
- Current training in basic life support (CPR)
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent
exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.