Minnesota - Family Medicine – (43752)
- 15 year old Hospitalist program with 38 physicians and 10 NP/PAs.
- Hospitalists cover 2 hospitals that are located on the same campus and connected via an indoor skywalk system. Provision of secondary and tertiary care services to patients from a wide-region including northern Wisconsin and north central and eastern Minnesota
- 350-bed tertiary care hospital, Level I certified Trauma Center with consistently highest ranked cardiovascular program and is a certified Stroke Center.
- 165 bed multispecialty hospital with inpatient intensive care, acute dialysis, medical-surgical, psychiatry, and outpatient surgery units
- Provide 24 hour onsite coverage with the assistance of a nocturnist program
- ICU coverage is primarily non-intubated patients. Critical Care physicians cover most intubated patients
- 14-16 patients per day (includes admission, consults, rounding and discharge) with assistance of credentialed practitioners in team-based collaborative model
- Satisfying balance of attending and consultative responsibilities covering multiple specialties
- Opportunities to participate in hospital-based research, quality and clinical initiatives
- Teaching service providing internal medicine rotations for 10 Family Medicine residents
- Friendly, collegial environment with 11day teams of hospitalists and credentialed practitioners, 2 evening hospitalists, and 2 nocturnists currently
- Epic Electronic Medical Record utilized throughout the entire healthcare system
- 7-day on, 7 day off schedule throughout the year; 182 shifts is considered full-time
- Physician who is BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Practice with strong interest and experience in hospital-based care
- located at the westernmost tip of beautiful Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of the metropolitan Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- population: 90,000; Regional service area: 490,000
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.