West Virginia - Hematology/Oncology – (56578)
Location: West Virginia
West Virginia – Hem Onc Medical Director
• Academically affiliated health system seeks a Hematologist/Oncologist (
• Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the areas of Hematology/Oncology. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
• Qualifications: Candidate must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible for state medical license. Successful candidate must have completed an Internal Medicine residency program, as well as Hematology/Oncology fellowship program. Successful candidates must be board certified / eligible. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
• The University Health System serves the state and surrounding regions through a network of physicians, hospitals, clinics, and leading institutes. One of the five institutes, the Cancer Institute, serves as the state’s leading oncology network of experts and researchers. The successful candidate will practice General Hematology and Medical Oncology and will serve as the region’s Medical Director. This position serves to promote the highest level of patient care while also developing, leading, and advocating for faculty and staff members.
• As a full member of the Health System, the Hospital is part of a broad, integrated network of doctors, hospitals, clinics, and specialized institutes across West Virginia, Southwestern Pennsylvania, Western Maryland, and Ohio.
• The Cancer Institute is one of the country’s premier cancer treatment centers. Multidisciplinary medical teams use the latest cancer therapies, sophisticated technologies, and patient-driven research to deliver the best possible treatment in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer treatment to those in West Virginia as well as patients from five border states. We have a very active clinical trials program, pharmaceutical studies, and emerging statewide clinical trials network.
• The Cancer Institute which was recently named one of the top cancer hospitals by Newsweek, provides care to over 125,000 patients annually. They are engaged and committed to moving the cancer institute toward obtaining NCI Designation. In addition, there is commitment to build a new state of the art, inclusive of inpatient and outpatient services, cancer hospital.
• Multidisciplinary medical teams use the latest cancer therapies, sophisticated technologies, and patient-driven research to deliver the best possible treatment in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer treatment to those in West Virginia as well as patients from five border states. We have a very active clinical trials program, pharmaceutical studies, and emerging statewide clinical trials network.
• The Division of Hematology and Oncology currently includes over 75 physicians and advanced practice professionals at 15 practice sites across our multi-state network. The Institute is committed to delivering cancer care closer to home and will continue to develop our capacity to provide local care in conjunction with over 900 community partners. Examples of our innovative, patient centered approach include nationally recognized programs such as Mobile Cancer Screening Program (Bonnie’s Bus and LUCAS).
Skill: Medical Director
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.