Arkansas - Pathology – (56506)
Arkansas – Pathology
• Strong general surgical pathology skills are needed
• Pathologist must be comfortable working independently as this is a solo practice position
• No bone marrows, no pap smears and no autopsies
• Hospital employed position with excellent compensation and benefits package
• Large panel of IHC stains available in house
• Excellent work/life balance
• Approximately 220 surgical/cytology specimens monthly
• Frozen sections and grossing required (no pathology assistant)
• Meditech CS LIS and HER
• Onsite automated IHC Stainer
• 2 Experienced Histotechs
o The histotechs gross the small GI biopsies which do not require cutting and write the measurements of the tissue for the pathologists to later dictate the gross description. The histotechs also cut the bone sections of arthroplasty specimens.
• Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Laboratory directorship at the main hospital and 3 CLIA moderate complexity clinic laboratories
• Transfusion Medicine – Level 3 Trauma Center
• Approximately 250,000 billable tests a year
• Several hospital committee responsibilities
• Schedule – M-F 8a-5p
• How many patients/cases per day – 15-20
• Non – Profit Community Hospital
• Service Area – 95,000 and cover 6 counties
• Offers an outstanding quality of life with low crime rates, excellent public schools, low cost of living, affordable housing and extensive access to outdoor recreational activities
• 3 Lakes, miles of hiking trails, Buffalo National River are just a part of the natural resources
• An award-winning Medical Center
• New roadways lead to family fun, shopping, entertainment for adults and children such as Silver Dollar City and the Branson Airport (BKG) in Branson, Missouri. Eureka Springs is another short drive known for its eclectic style, spas, motorcycles and ghost tours.
• Around 75 miles one can be in Springfield, Missouri enjoying many different activities such as The Dickerson Park Zoo, Bass Pro Shops the original and the largest store, Hammonds Park – Home to the Double-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, Springfield Airport (SGF) and a multitude of cultural activities. In about two hours one can reach the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) and our NCAA-SEC Arkansas Razorbacks at the University of Arkansas.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.