Massachusetts - Family Medicine – (55860)
Massachusetts – Primary Care Site Medical Director – this will be 1 position to oversee both sites)
Essential Duties and Major responsibilities:
- Manages 2 Practice sites
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for patients.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Responsible for transitioning practice from Fee-For-Service to Value-Based Care.
- Responsible for QA/QI initiatives.
- Responsible for tracking and managing value-based metrics.
- Initiates and integrates established departmental policies, procedures, guidelines, protocols, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Participates in the on call schedule.
- Oversees the performance of site providers including annual reviews..
- Mentors young providers.
- Observes, assesses, and records symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Maintains quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Develops and presents educational programs and/or workshops when needed.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in areas of expertise.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the robust use of the EMR used at CHC.
- Supervises, advises, and trains clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Works both independently and in a team
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the mission of the health center
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the established CHC Values and Standards
- Responsible for success of population health initiatives.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Medical Doctor with 8 to 10 years of directly related experience which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty. Board Certified Family Practice/ Internal Medicine Physician; ACLS or CPR/AED Certified.
GREAT BENEFITS including Bonus Program, Retirement, Professional Allowance, Visa Sponsoring, health, dental, life, vision, LTD, 3 wks vaca. to start, 10 holidays, sick time and more.
Skill: Medical Director
J1 Visa: Yes
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.