Vermont - Psychiatry – (51241)
Vermont – Psychiatry Medical Director
• My client is looking for a qualified psychiatrist to lead their team of psychiatric providers as the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services. This is a hospital employed position with the Behavioral Health Service Line.
• The Medical Director for Psychiatric Services is responsible for oversight of 8 additional psychiatric providers in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, assisting with the management of the inpatient psychiatric units and outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic, serving as an ambassador and liaison with other hospital departments, and fostering relationships with their outside partners. The inpatient unit includes an 18-bed general unit and adjacent 6-bed psychiatric ICU which is a state level unit that only accepts referrals through the state Department of Mental Health. Approximately 90% of admissions to the General unit are voluntary whereas most admissions to the psychiatric ICU are involuntary. The inpatient team has been recognized by the State of Vermont for its exemplary work in leading the effort to reduce the incidence of seclusion and restraint. The successful candidate will be aligned philosophically with goal of minimizing all forms of coercive treatment through implementation of national best practice models. The psychiatry staff also manages a highly collaborative hospital C&L service.
• The ideal candidate would need to be willing to have their clinical work spread between multiple areas of service including but not limited to inpatient psychiatry, C&L psychiatry, outpatient services at their Medication Assisted Treatment Center and possible geriatric psychiatry in local nursing homes. The ideal candidate would also be expected to participate in the collaborative problem-solving of situations that arise in the hospital that involve Psychiatric Services.
• The hospital is licensed for 133 beds with a service area of 85,000.
• The position is 40% administrative and up to 60% clinical with a base salary range of $315,00 to $360,000 depending on how clinically active the candidate would like to be. There is also the potential for a productivity bonus and overnight call pay that would be in addition to the base salary.
o CME Allowance up to $6,000 annually
o Educational Loan Repayment
o Estimated annual time off is between 4 to 6 weeks
o Malpractice, Health, Dental, and Disability insurance provided
o Relocation expenses up to $13,500K
o Defined Contribution Pension Plan, 403-B with hospital match, and tax-deferred earnings program.
Skill: Medical Director
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.