Texas - Pulmonary/Critical Care – (51174)
Texas – Pulmonary/Critical Care
• University affiliated group seeks a Pulmonary Critical Care physician to join a robust pulmonary faculty. Their comprehensive program provides collaborative, multi-disciplinary care and access to cutting edge technologies. They are also experiencing a period of unprecedented growth and development coupled with institutional expansion throughout east Texas.
• This practice is 40% inpatient and 60% outpatient, with weekend call once every six weeks.
• Inpatient care is provided at a Level I Trauma Center with a typical census around 280; the nearby outpatient has exceptional technology on-site and an infusion center.
• Research is not necessary, but the opportunity is available to clinical faculty.
• Teaching responsibilities will include internal medicine and family medicine residents.
• Friendly work environment with established physicians
• State of the art diagnostics and technology on site
The Health System:
• The Health system is comprised of 10 hospitals, more than 50 physician clinics, 300 employed providers, 13 regional rehabilitation facilities, two freestanding emergency centers, regional home health services covering 41 counties, an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters, and a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1 trauma center.
• As a University partner, they are uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals.
• Graduate Medical Education is an integral component and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency took their first classes summer 2020.
This is an affordable metropolitan city of over 100,000 offering cultural diversity, a major university campus, a healthy range of medium to large size businesses, and is known for its rolling hills, forested landscapes, lakes, pine trees, Rose Garden, and a number of arts and educational venues. Dallas and Shreveport, Louisiana are within 90 minutes driving time from Tyler.
• Outstanding area public and private schools – high test scores
• Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
• A family-oriented lifestyle
• The many lakes, tall pines and ideal climate make for scenic views and great outdoor recreation
• Affordable housing and low cost of living
• Various lifestyle choices for living – lake front, historical homes, or suburban – all within 10 to 15 minutes from the clinic/hospital
• No state income tax
• About 90 miles southeast of Dallas
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.