Wisconsin - Infectious Disease – (50771)
Wisconsin – Infectious Disease
My client is seeking a dynamic BC/BE infectious disease physician. You will be joining four other ID physicians, one PA and two Ph.D. researchers in Western Wisconsin’s premier medical center.
• They will consider either a .80 or 1.0 FTE to share one in five call for the inpatient ID consult service.
• You will share an outpatient ID practice which includes outpatient ID consultations, an HIV practice with Ryan White funded social worker, travel medicine, and hospital follow-up visits for patients with complicated infections.
• Telemedicine ID Consultation is provided to regional hospitals in our network.
• You will be a part of a busy multi-disciplinary Wound Center within our clinic with an active Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) treatment program. Medical leadership is provided for the Infection Control program and strong collaboration occurs with our pharmacy department on our Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
Their clinical microbiology lab is under the direction of their medical microbiologist, a member of their department. In addition, they have a separate modern microbiology research laboratory. They share a Master’s degree program in clinical microbiology with the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse. The candidate would be encouraged to participate in these available research facilities and programs.
The health system:
• They are a large integrated health care system with over 500 medical staff. Their main campus includes a 325-bed acute care hospital. They serve a population base of over 650,000 through their main campus and over 45 regional sites based in western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota, and northeastern Iowa.
• They are the Western Academic Campus of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Their Medical Foundation sponsors their fully accredited residency and fellowship programs (in IM, FM, general surgery, transitional, oral and maxillofacial surgery, podiatric medicine and surgery, hematology/oncology). As such, their strong academic alliance will allow you to practice and teach in a collegial environment.
• They are located in the exquisite Mississippi River valley in an area of remarkable natural beauty. They have a metropolitan population of over 120,000 and is home of two universities and a regional technical college, offering outstanding education at all levels. Safe neighborhoods, excellent schools, affordable housing, and extensive outdoor recreational and cultural activities make our region an outstanding place to live.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.