Maryland - Gynecologic Oncology – (49102)
The purpose of this position is to provide clinical and administrative leadership and serve as a liaison between Gynecologic Oncology, medical staff and hospital operational leadership team members.
Essential Job Duties:
The Medical Director for Gynecologic Oncology is responsible for all aspects of care delivery and processes for the AAMG Gynecologic Specialty Surgeons: Gynecologic Oncology and realted services. The Medical Director acts as chief liaison with the medical staff, and administration. The Medical Director supervises medical management activities associated with Gynecologic Oncology to ensure quality healthcare is provided efficiently. The Medical Director is accountable for ensuring program adherence to evidence-based medical standards, quality initiatives and top quartile performance metrics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsibilities – Administrative:
- Participate in practice and health system strategic planning
- Participate in scholarly activities, as well as education of medical students and residents
- Review and educate fellow MD’s about practice financials – educate fellow MD’s about practice regarding billing, coding, collecting and documentation changes
- Process improvement including Gynecologic Oncology protocol development and measurement of outcomes
- Develop and resolve conflicts with the practice call schedule
- Verify GME coordination with practice schedule and workflow
- Provide mentorship of junior faculty
- Participate in orientation and development of advance practice providers
- Responsibilities – Projects/Meetings:
- Monthly practice meetings – sets agenda and co-leads with administrative practice leadership
- Monthly 1:1 w/chair
- Monthly executive leadership meeting
- Yearly leadership retreat
- Lead Gynecologic Oncology multidisciplinary tumor board and quarterly journal club
- Serves as the Gynecologic Oncology representative to the DeCesaris Cancer Institute Advisory Board
Required Minimum Education. Board Certified
Required Minimum Experience: Minimum of 3 years Gynecologic Oncology practice experience and demonstrated leadership potential
Doctorate of Medicine
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.