Maryland - Nurse Practitioner – (49100)
This position provides psychiatric consultation to patients being served in hospital medical/surgical units (or hospital emergency department as appropriate) who have related behavioral health diagnoses. Services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, Maryland Board of Nursing, American Nursing Association and AAHS.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides behavioral health consultative evaluations of hospitalized patients.
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Communicates with attending medical physicians regarding recommended psychiatric treatments/ therapy.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Recommends referral of patients to appropriate aftercare as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Participates in psychiatric call rotation as scheduled.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, Maryland Board of Nursing, American Nursing Association and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
- Minimum of four (4) years of related psychiatric clinical nursing experience in addition to training as PMHNP.
- Current Board Certification as Nurse Practitioner.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.