Maryland - Gynecologic Oncology – (49098)
Gynecological Oncology Surgeon will provide medical services for the designated clinical area providing surgical, consultative, and follow-up care for patients with benign and malignant oncological disease. All duties and services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides clinical and surgical skills to provide services to patients with gynecologic cancer or disease.
- Develop and reinforce positive working relationships with the surgical staff of AAMC and employees of AAMC.
- Participate in and expand the cancer research projects related to gynecologic imaging, quality of life studies, and cancer prevention
- Participate in community outreach in collaboration with the Women’s and Children’s Program, the Oncology Program, Wellness and Community Outreach, and the Surgical Initiative.
- Develop positive working relationships with departments who provide relative medical services to the including, but not limited to, the Pathology Department, Diagnostics (AAD), Laboratory, Marketing and Public Relations, Central Sterile Supply, the Clinical Research Staff, the Tumor Registry, Medical Office, and the Surgical Initiative.
- Collaborate with Radiology and Radiation Oncology Department to integrate any new imaging techniques related to diagnosis and treatments of cancer.
- Participate in quality control and improvement programs. This will require coordination with Medical Center’s Cancer Committee. The quality control program will include screening and diagnostic testing by the Department of Radiology, and the Radiation Oncology Department of the DeCesaris Cancer Institute.
- Assist in the development and ongoing marketing efforts of the Oncology Initiative at AAMC.
- Attend the weekly Tumor Board and participate in case presentations. Lead the Tumor Boards when requested.
- Participate in events sponsored by the AAHS Foundation in efforts to solicit gifts and donations related to support for DeCesaris Cancer Institute,
- Degree in medicine from an accredited medical school
- Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.