Massachusetts - Psychology – (49082)
seeking a Full-time Pediatric Psychologist
What You Will Do:
This generalist position in the Child Behavioral Health department will primarily emphasize outpatient psychotherapeutic treatment. Most of the children served in outpatient Child Behavioral Health clinic have comorbid medical complexities. This position allows you the unique opportunity to collaborate with pediatric subspecialists, as well as medication provider colleagues within our clinic. We anticipate that this position will include opportunities to collaborate with the Pediatric Endocrinology Diabetes Clinics and Gender Clinic and the Adolescent Medicine Eating Disorders Clinic, among other specialty areas. We take pride in our multidisciplinary team approach to clinical care, which encourages the sharing of perspectives and input both within our clinic, across departments, and with our community partners while working together on challenging cases. In this position, experience providing evidence-based treatment to children and adolescents is required and Spanish language proficiency is preferred.
In addition, this position offers the opportunity for a voluntary academic appointment with UMass Medical School-Baystate. Our department is strongly rooted in a creative, academic environment that emphasizes evidence-based practice and is highly engaging for clinicians.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Participate in teaching opportunities, including supervision of child psychiatry fellows, as well as teaching medical students, psychiatry residents, and psychology practicum students.
- Possess doctoral level knowledge of developmental stages, child and adolescent mental health diagnoses, current treatment modalities, ethical guidelines, and therapeutic processes.
- Provide culturally sensitive treatment to clients.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional growth.
What You Will Need:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Licensure in MA
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 40 hours
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.