Massachusetts - Family Medicine – (49055)
Physician is responsible for the medical care, treatment & education of patients throughout their life cycles, for their hospitalization & referral if necessary; also, for establishing & maintaining minimum standards of care and for the supervision & education of all other providers in regard to direct patient care.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of care with total responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Secures history and physical examination of patient in outpatient service.
- Utilizes laboratory & diagnostic services as necessary.
- Makes a diagnosis & prescribes treatment as indicated.
- Performs emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury.
- Seeks outside advice & consultation as necessary; refers for medical surgical or other adjunct services those patients requiring specialty consultation, or for confirmation of diagnosis & treatment.
- Participates in preventive medicine activities such as immunization, disease detection, & prevention.
- Coordinates an education program for the patient & family.
- Hospitalizes patients and assumes full care of those hospitalized patients.
- Assumes “on call” responsibility for hospital and outpatient service.
- Participates in regular medical component meetings.
- Fulfills the expectations of the physician contract.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics, or Ob/Gyn
- Must have a Massachusetts license for the practice of medicine.
- History of good attendance & positive work attitude
- Must possess MCSR and DEA numbers to dispense restricted medications
- Bilingual preferred
- Must have completed full residency training as required by the specialty.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.