Massachusetts - Child Psychiatry – (49031)
- Provide direct psychiatric patient care to a panel of patients
- Provide medication management consultation to primary care providers at the Health Center
- Participate in the collaborative, integrated health care model
- Participate in the educational activities of the Behavioral Health Department in collaboration with the family medicine faculty.
- Participate in Multidisciplinary Reviews, including group meetings and reviewing documentation.
- Diagnoses, manages, and appropriately refers patients with acute, episodic, or chronic illness according to department protocols
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests according to established guidelines.
- Facilitates and coordinates patient care referrals to specialists and outside agencies
- Develops and provides educational materials and/or programs to patients, families, and other health care professionals.
- Actively participates in the departmental quality assurance program.
- Serves on appropriate department and/or hospital committees.
- Supervisor physician and non-physician practitioners interested in treating children and adolescents.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment of the health center mission.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the established Values and Standards.
- Performs other related duties as required and as assigned.
- Graduate of USGME Qualified Child Psychiatry Residency Program
- Valid License for the practice of Medicine in Massachusetts
- Valid Massachusetts DEA Certificate
- Valid Federal DEA Certificate
- Board Certified or eligible by ABPN in general psychiatry
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.