Massachusetts - Podiatry – (49030)
Provides comprehensive and continuing podiatric care to patients requiring routine and emergency treatment through the diagnosis of disease processes and through the provision of medical treatment of patients at clinics.
- Always utilizes best practice as designed by the national standards set by APMA, CDC, and credentialing agencies.
- Refers patients to other providers as appropriate
- Provides services in support of health promotion and preventive medicine
- Maintains appropriate medical records on assigned patients
- Participates in patient care audits for quality assurance and utilization review to maintain and improve patient care standard of excellence
- Maintains medical professional standards and knowledge by regularly attending medical conferences, seminars and continuing education programs
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a highly confidential, HIPAA compliant, policy adherent manner.
- Complies with all Infection Control standards and policies.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with patients, families, visitors, co-workers, health care professionals, funders, and other regulatory agencies.
- Works as part of the medical team at each clinic.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures
- Awareness of resources available within the health center to accommodate the needs of patients.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment of the mission of the health center.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the established Values and Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years professional experience preferred
- Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise, advise and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Licensure / Education / Training:
- Medical degree with appropriate residency training.
- Board certification or eligibility with expected certification required.
- Current License as a Podiatrist in the State of Massachusetts.
- Public Health experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese & English) Preferred.
- Proficient reading, writing, and speaking in English required
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.