Louisiana - Cardiology – (48887)
seeking a General Cardiologist.
– Option to join faculty as assistant professor, associate professor, or professor of clinical medicine
– Clinical responsibilities include general cardiology coverage at Medical Center, Healthcare System Medical Center and University Medical Center.
– Outpatient clinic responsibilities at the aforementioned sites and other outreach clinics as assigned; including cardiology consults, critical care services, echocardiography including TEEs and diagnostic imaging.
– Weekend and after-hours hospital service in rotation with other faculty
– Teaching responsibilities will include formal and informal teaching activities for medical students, medicine residents and cardiology fellows as well as attending, facilitating, and presenting cardiology conferences
– Research duties include developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies
– Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected with at least one publication per year preferred
– Board certified or board eligible in cardiology
– Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
– Competitive compensation
– Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
– Flexible spending accounts
– 403(b) university funded retirement plan
– Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
– Employee assistance program
– Employee wellness program
– Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.