Louisiana - Family Medicine – (48868)
Individual shall function as a physician member of the health care team rendering quality medical services to all patients in accordance with appropriate standards of medical care specific for the specialty. Individual shall also function as physician of the health care team at the facility.
The staff physician must be fully licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana with valid DEA license. Board eligible/Board certified in a primary care specialty. CPR certification strongly encouraged.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school or DO degree from an approved osteopathy school.
- Completed a residency for board eligibility; board certification preferred.
- Current valid Louisiana medical license and DEA license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice principles of specialty.
- Sensitive to the needs of people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Must give the same level of importance to health maintenance and disease prevention as cure and restoration.
- Must participate in Center’s provider staff meetings, general staff meetings/activities and Quality Assurance.
- Must continue to meet appropriate standards as required by the Center for Health Services and Health Provider By-Laws.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Centricity/ EMR and capable of creating accurate, complete medical records in a timely manner.
- Must fulfill all NCQA, JCAHO, and SWLA Center for Health Services EMR requirements accurately and within the allowed time frames.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and patient rights
- Display punctuality and good attendance at work
- Work and communicate with patients to satisfy the patient expectations
- Examine patients to determine presence of disease and to establish preventive health practices.
- Maintain clinical tracking data for continuity of care
- Assist the Medical Director with the planning, management and evaluation of health care delivery at the Center for Health Services
- Provide continuous care by obtaining hospital privileges and emergency room coverage
- Actively participate in local, state and national medical associations/societies.
- Participate in quality assurance patient review committee
- Records on medical record using POMR system
- Collect appropriate data for clinical decision-making
- Maintain current medical records
- Develop and implement individual work plans
- May conduct periodic formal assessments and reviews of subordinates performance
- Promote health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease
- Participates in community education, staff in-service and committee meetings
- Exhibit judgment to prevent delays in service provision and avoid serious adverse impact on health status of individuals
- Participate in SWLA Center for Health Services infection control program
- Assist in other departments/centers affiliated with Center for Health Services as needed and/or assigned
- Serve as laboratory supervisor of the on-site clinic laboratory
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the realm of clinical training/experience
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners in the same department.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.