Kentucky - Certified Nurse Midwife – (48755)
Under the administrative supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and the clinical supervision of a staff OBGYN physician, the CNM is a member of the patient care team, responsible for providing patient-centered care for the patients. CNM is responsible for women’s health services at multiple Sterling Health sites to any age female with a gynecological/obstetric concern, including comprehensive family planning services. This provider also can provide care for any adult needing treatment for sexually transmitted infections. Under appropriate supervision, the CNM plays a key role in extending the physician’s services. The CNM will be responsible for compliance with government regulations related to the provision of healthcare. The CNM participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement activities of the organization and the Performance Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates and manages individual patient care.
2. Refer patients for consultation, collaborative management or ongoing care as warranted by health status.
3. Provide on-going prenatal care, risk assessment and teaching according to established protocols.
4. Collaborate with physicians as indicated when caring for patients with identified needs.
5. Obtain hospital privileges
6. Participate in the OBGYN call schedule with back-up from the OBGYN physicians.
7. Actively participates in staff meetings, in-services, and provider meetings.
8. Participate in quality improvement activities to ensure efficiency of OB systems and services.
9. Interpret laboratory and diagnostic data.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to provide health care in a sensitive manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds
• Able to examine, diagnose, and treat clients of all ages independently
Credentials and Experience
Revised 10/04/2019 Page 2
• Active unrestricted KY Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) Certification from an accredited training program including prescriptive privileges
• Current training in basic life support (BLS)
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.