Kentucky - Physical Therapist – (48746)
Position: Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Type: Fulltime (minimum of 32 hours per week)
Summary: Responsible for administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as supervised by the staff Physical Therapist. Administers treatments and physical agents as directed by the staff Physical Therapist, after the Physical Therapist has evaluated the patient. The Physical Therapy Assistant assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The Physical Therapy Assistant participates in operational aspects of the department, and maintains performance improvement activities within the department.
Other responsibilities may include
- Counseling patients and families on what to do following treatment
- Observing patients before, during and after therapy and reporting notes to the Physical Therapist
- Assigning specific exercises for the patient and helping the patients do these exercises
- Using devices, such as walkers, and other equipment to help patients regain movement and pain reduction
- Sound critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work in a positive teamwork environment
- Demonstrate ability to initiate and complete assigned tasks
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Compassion and empathy
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina as necessary for completion of tasks for position
- AA degree from a school or college approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Holds current certificate/licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current BCLS certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care
- Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of PTA experience, experience with inpatient rehabilitation preferred
We are looking for candidates who are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. We offer Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance, Long-term/Short-term Disability, and 401K.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.