Indiana - Internal Medicine – (48367)
ED Observation – 30 Minutes From Chicago
- Employed practice has a unique opening for an Emergency Department Observer
- Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Family Medicine candidates encouraged to apply
- Highly competitive base salary offered – to be discussed with employer directly
- Responsibilities are much like that of a Hospitalist – No procedures – Closed ICU
- 7 working days per two week block (work 3 days one week & work 4 days the next week)
- Observation Unit taking low acuity observation admissions
- Admission timeframe is expected to be 12-24 hours with a 10-15% failure rate of patients who will need to be admitted inpatient (then will go to another physician on the inpatient services)
- Manage between 10-15 patients per day
- NP Coverage at night in-house with back-up coverage by phone for the physician
- Possible Telemedicine coverage downstream (none for now)
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision coverage, 403B opportunities including employer match, exceptional CME funds, licensure reimbursement, flexible time off, contract bonuses based on RVUs, relocation reimbursement (negotiable), sign-on bonus (negotiable), and more!
- EMR: Epic – full integrated HIMSS Stage VII
- Located just 30 minutes from downtown Chicago, an hour from South Bend, and just over 2 hours from Fort Wayne
- 2 International Airports offered in Chicago
- H1B visa sponsorship offered
Skill: Emergency Medicine
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.