Maryland - Psychiatry – (44980)
seeking a BE/BC, positive, flexible and teamwork driven Adult Psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services for a 13-bed inpatient acute unit and an adult partial hospitalization program located within Medical Center. J1 visa candidates welcomed and encouraged to apply.
This is a full time employed position with the multispecialty Peninsula Regional Medical Group. You can look forward to a competitive salary, signing bonus, excellent benefits package and Loan Forgivenss Consideration!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rounds daily M-F on the inpatient acute unit (approximately 9-10 patients)
- Provides stabilization and medication management to the patient
- Participates in family and discharge planning meetings as available and clinically relevant
- Provides approximately 10 hours of psychiatric time to the adult partial hospitalization program weekly
- Provides medical floor and emergency department consultation as scheduled on the call rotation calendar (typically 1 week-end a month and 2 week days per week)
- Provides supportive therapy and psychoeducation to patient population
- Coordinates with the patient’s multi-disciplinary treatment team, to include but no limited to, psychiatric pharmacist, social worker, music and recreation therapist, RN, psychiatric technician and primary care physicians/referring parties
- Identifies and provides referrals to specialized services, such as psychological testing and substance abuse treatment
- Participates in treatment team meetings to coordinate patient care
- Adheres to the service line’s policies regarding treatment protocols, documentation and productivity targets
- Assesse and intervenes in domestic violence, elder abuse and child abuse situations
- Provides oversight and supervision to psychiatric nurse practitioners
- Attends monthly Department of Psychiatry meeting
J1 Visa: Yes
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Mike Schloeman will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.