Florida - Neurology – (44015)
The Vascular Neurologist will work inpatient with the comprehensive stroke team along with achieving continuity of care by following patients after discharge in the outpatient clinic. We are looking for an academic vascular neurologist to provide supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. This neurologist will also serve as faculty or Associate Program Director of the Neurology Residency Program (depending on level of teaching/faculty experience and professorship) with at least 70% of time assigned to Direct Patient Care and 30% to Graduate Medical Education including Program Administrative /Supervision/Didactic responsibilities. Medical Center have successfully built residencies/fellowships in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Emergency Medicine, OBGYN, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Neurology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provide clinical consultation and supervision to residents and other staff in the neurology residency program clinics.
2. Have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care (70%) and graduate medical education including administrative duties (30%).
3. Work with the Comprehensive Stroke team.
4. Assist the Director of the Neurology in the design, development, and implementation of the neurology program.
5. Hear and resolve complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his / her direct report providers.
6. Be directly involved in the training and supervision of Neurology Residents and Medical Students rotating through the Neurology Residency Program clinics and inpatient rotations.
1. Completion of ACGME-approved Neurology Residency.
2. Possess the requisite Neurology expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities in the field of Neurology.
3. Must be certified in the specialty of Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology along with vascular neurology or like subspecialties.
4. Must be eligible for appointment to the Medical Staff of Osceola Regional Medical Center and must have an unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the State of Florida.
5. Expected to hold a clinical faculty appointment with the University College of Medicine at the Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor rank. Preference to those with previous faculty experience in an ACGME residency and experience publishing papers or other scholarly activities.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Brad Bohannon will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.